Saturday, October 4, 2008

First 2 pounds!

Well it's been a week and Brent and I both lost 2 pounds. Around Tuesday I started getting a pretty bad cold. I was in bed for all of Wednesday and most of Thursday. I'm thankful that I didn't get anything worse than a head cold, but I'm pretty proud of myself for sticking to the diet while I was sick. I just had some low sodium soup for both days and stayed in bed. I had no energy to exercise. But I'm better now and I have a walk/run planned for later this afternoon.

On Friday Brent and I had our usual date night and we went to Ruby Tuesdays. We had the salad bar for an appitizer instead of cheese sticks. I had a chicken and broccoli dinner and Brent had a small hamburger with no cheese or mayo.

We then went to Wal Mart and bought a StepUP DVD and a stepper to go with it. So now I can do some aerobics at home along with walking and cardio DVD. Brent is still doing the Total Gym workout.

So overall it's been a pretty good week. I'm still a little weak when it comes to breakfast, I love my sugar cereals. But I had a bananna and yogurt for 2 days instead of the cereal. So that's better than nothing.

Thank you all for all your wonderful inspiring comments. I know we can do this too. We are completly motivated. Thank you for all your tips and support. It's nice to know that we have so many good friends and family supporting us. And when we lose the weight and have a little baby, then I promise to tell him (we want a little boy first...little Caleb) that he is here because of the support of our friends and family. THANK YOU!!!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

I have been keeping a food diary to prep for surgery and the strict balance of proteins and carbs after. Anyway, it totally has opened my eyes as to how much I'm eating and what is exactly in the food I eat. You should check out fitday.com and you can track your progress very easily.

Mechelle said...

We all want you to have your little Caleb, and are rooting for you 100%!